House Plans Trick Rule to Fund Obamacare
This is an urgent action alert for all freedom-loving Americans.The U.S. House of Representatives will vote to fund Obamacare this week and we need your help to stop it.
House Republican leaders have chickened out and decided to fund a program that will destroy our country.
According to media reports, GOP leaders will attempt to pass a "trick rule" that allows them to pretend to defund Obamacare without actually doing so.
Under the trick rule, the House will pass a continuing resolution that fully funds Obamacare along with separate phony bill that defunds Obamacare. Democrats in the Senate will then throw the defunding bill in the garbage and send the real bill that funds Obamacare to the president's desk.It's the "now you see defunding, now you don't" strategy.
We must act now and call on conservatives in the House to defeat the trick rule that funds Obamacare.
House rules are almost always passed along party lines so all we need is 16 Republicans to oppose the rule to defeat it.TAKE ACTION NOW
Please call these members today and urge them to do EVERYTHING in their power to stop funding for Obamacare. Tell them to vote against the rule.
It does not matter if you're not from their states. They need to know that people across the country are counting on them to stop Obamacare.
- Justin Amash (R-MI) — 202-225-3831
- Michele Bachmann (R-MN) — 202-225-2331
- Kerry Bentivolio (R-MI) — 202-225-8171
- Jim Bridenstine (R-OK) — 202-225-2211
- Mo Brooks (R-AL) — 202-225-4801
- Paul Broun (R-GA) — 202-225-4101
- Ron DeSantis (R-FL) — 202-225-2706
- Jeff Duncan (R-SC) — 202-225-5301
- Scott Garrett (R-NJ) — 202-225-4465
- Louie Gohmert (R-TX) -- 202-225-3035
- Trey Gowdy (R-SC) -- 202-225-6030
- Tom Graves (R-GA) -- 202-225-5211
- Tim Huelskamp (R-KS) -- 202-225-2715
- Steve King (R-IA) -- 202-225-4426
- Raul Labrador (R-ID) -- 202-225-6611
- Thomas Massie (R-KY) -- 202-225-3465
- Tom McClintock (R-CA) -- 202-225-2511
- Mark Meadows (R-NC) -- 202-225-6401
- Steve Pearce (R-NM) -- 202-225-2365
- Trey Radel (R-FL) -- 202-225-2536
- Dennis Ross (R-FL) -- 202-225-1252
- Matt Salmon (R-AZ) -- 202-225-2635
- Mark Sanford (R-SC) -- 202-225-3176
- Dave Schweikert (R-AZ) -- 202-225-2190
- Steve Stockman (R-TX) -- 202-225-1555
- Marlin Stutzman (R-IN) -- 202-225-4436
- Randy Weber (R-TX) -- 202-225-2831
- Joe Wilson (R-SC) -- 202-225-2452
- Ted Yoho (R-FL) -- 202-225-5744
If Republican leaders decide to go forward with this deceptive strategy, U.S. Representative Pete Sessions
(R-TX), Chairman of the House Rules Committee, will be the "yes man" who makes it happen.
If Pete Sessions pulls this stunt and writes a trick rule to fund Obamacare, we will actively recruit and support a conservative primary challenger against him next year through our House Conservatives Project.
We can't sit back and let wishy-washy Republicans like Pete Sessions destroy our freedoms.
Please make your voices heard today by calling the representatives listed above. We can win this battle, but we must fight.
Thank you for standing strong for freedom.
Obamacare Pete Sessions