The Next Two Obamacare Lies
The Republican establishment in Washington is about to tell you two more lies to help them fund Obamacare.
Please read this email and then contact the Republican members of the U.S. House listed below and urge them to oppose all funding for Obamacare no matter what.
Here's what you need to know to avoid being tricked.The Congressional Exemption Is A Reason to STOP Obamacare, Not A Reason to START Obamacare
The most unpopular thing about Obamacare today is that it does not apply to politicians in Washington in the same way that it applies to us.
The fact that these lawmakers don't want to live under this program is one of the best reasons to stop Obamacare dead in its tracks.
However, some Republicans in Washington are secretly planning to use the elimination of the congressional exemption as an excuse to fund all of Obamacare and force millions of Americans into the program.
They think that if they subject themselves to Obamacare, you will forgive them for subjecting you to it.
They will argue that it's okay to fund Obamacare if the congressional exemption is removed because lawmakers will be motivated to repeal the law in the future if they're forced to personally suffer the consequences.They are lying
Members of Congress will find a way to exempt themselves in the future. If they have to raise their own pay to cover the extra cost of their Obamacare plans, they will do it. If they have to create a special doctor's office inside the Capitol Building, they will do it.As long as politicians are in control of the health care system, they will get a better deal than we do.
The truth is, the politicians who want to fund Obamacare — if the congressional exemption is removed — are not serious about living under the same program. They're just looking for cover so you won't vote them out of office when they fund Obamacare.
Congress should certainly eliminate its exemption, but it should not use that as an excuse to force us into the program.Delaying Obamacare Is Not The Same As Defunding Obamacare
When you hear politicians in Washington talk about "delaying" Obamacare, you probably think they mean stopping the entire law for a period of time. That's not what they mean.
Republicans are usually talking about delaying only parts of the law like the individual mandate while allowing the rest of it to continue.
Unfortunately, statutory delays will not stop Obamacare. Even if Congress writes a bill that delays every component of the law but still funds it, President Obama's bureaucrats can work behind the scenes to prepare the program to begin once the delay is over.The only way to truly stop Obamacare is to either repeal it or to defund it.
So when you hear politicians say they are going to "delay" the law, ask them: What exactly will you delay and will this stop the bureaucrats from using my tax dollars to implement the law?TAKE ACTIONPlease contact these key House Republicans and urge them to oppose all funding for Obamacare no matter what.
These are conservative lawmakers who have been extremely helpful to us. Thank them for their courage and ask them to hold strong.
They should not trade funding for Obamacare for a partial delay OR even for the elimination of the congressional exemption. They should oppose all taxpayer money for Obamacare. Period.
- Justin Amash (R-MI) 202-225-3831
- Michele Bachmann (R-MN) 202-225-2331
- Kerry Bentivolio (R-MI) 202-225-8171
- Mo Brooks (R-AL) 202-225-4801
- Paul Broun (R-GA) 202-225-4101
- Ron DeSantis (R-FL) 202-225-2706
- Jeff Duncan (R-SC) 202-225-5301
- Scott Garrett (R-NJ) 202-225-4465
- Louie Gohmert (R-TX) 202-225-3035
- Trey Gowdy (R-SC) 202-225-6030
- Tom Graves (R-GA) 202-225-5211
- Tim Huelskamp (R-KS) 202-225-2715
- Jim Jordan (R-OH) 202-225-2676
- Steve King (R-IA) 202-225-4426
- Raul Labrador (R-ID) 202-225-6611
- Thomas Massie (R-KY) 202-225-3465
- Tom McClintock (R-CA) 202-225-2511
- Mark Meadows (R-NC) 202-225-6401
- Steve Pearce (R-NM) 202-225-2365
- Trey Radel (R-FL) 202-225-2536
- Dennis Ross (R-FL) 202-225-1252
- Matt Salmon (R-AZ) 202-225-2635
- Mark Sanford (R-SC) 202-225-3176
- Dave Schweikert (R-AZ) 202-225-2190
- Steve Stockman (R-TX) 202-225-1555
- Marlin Stutzman (R-IN) 202-225-4436
- Randy Weber (R-TX) 202-225-2831
- Joe Wilson (R-SC) 202-225-2452
- Ted Yoho (R-FL) 202-225-5744
Thank you for standing strong for freedom.