SCF Endorses Matt Bevin for U.S. Senate
ALEXANDRIA, VA — The Senate Conservatives Fund (SCF) endorsed Louisville businessman Matt Bevin for U.S. Senate in Kentucky on Friday. Matt Bevin is challenging U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY) in the Republican primary election on May 20, 2014.
SCF Executive Director Matt Hoskins made the following statement:"Matt Bevin is a true conservative who will fight to stop the massive spending, bailouts, and debt that are destroying our country. He is not afraid to stand up to the establishment and he will do what it takes to stop Obamacare. We know that winning this primary won't be easy. Mitch McConnell has the support of the entire Washington establishment and he will do anything to hold on to power. But if people in Kentucky and all across the country rise up and demand something better, we're confident Matt Bevin can win this race."
SCF recently asked its members for their views on the Kentucky Senate race. Nearly 70,000 members completed the survey and 90% said SCF should endorse Matt Bevin over Mitch McConnell.MATT BEVIN — COURAGEOUS CONSERVATIVE
- Louisville businessman Matt Bevin (R-KY) is a full-spectrum conservative with the courage to stand up to the Washington establishment.
- Matt Bevin grew up in a rural, working class family, where he and his five brothers and sisters worked to help the family make ends meet.
- Bevin earned a ROTC scholarship and worked year-round to pay for his college education. After college, he was commissioned as an officer in the Army, rising to the rank of captain.
- After military service, Bevin founded and invested in many successful companies ranging from manufacturing to money management.
MITCH McCONNELL — WASHINGTON INSIDER
- Matt Bevin is a constitutional conservative who believes that Americas greatest traditions are seriously threatened today by irresponsible Washington politicians who are bankrupting our country.
- Bevin not only supports SCF's top policy goals, he has demonstrated the courage to stand up to one of the most powerful politicians in the country even in the face of personal attacks.
- Bevin is 46 years old, and has been married for 17 years. He and his wife have nine children, four of whom are adopted from Ethiopia.
- U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY), the Senate Republican Leader, has a liberal record and refuses to fight for conservative principles.
- McConnell voted to fund Obamacare this year, voted to let the Democrats fund Obamacare next year, and says parts of Obamacare are "okay."
- McConnell worked with Vice President Biden to write the fiscal cliff tax deal that resulted in higher taxes for 80% of American families.
- McConnell voted for billions of dollars in wasteful earmark spending, including Alaska's "Bridge to Nowhere."
- McConnell voted to bail out Wall Street banks and said it was one of the Senate's "finest moments."
- McConnell voted to increase the national debt limit at least 10 times. Since he's been in Washington, the national debt has increased from about $1 trillion to more than $16 trillion dollars.
- McConnell voted against term limits and to raise his own pay.
- McConnell did nothing to fight the amnesty bill that passed earlier this year and he voted to grant amnesty to illegal immigrants back in 1986, which helped create the problem we have today.
- After 28 years in office, voters in Kentucky are not enthusiastic about re-electing Mitch McConnell. He trails his Democratic opponent in recent polls and Cook Political Report rates Kentucky as a "Toss Up" despite it being a solid red state that Mitt Romney won by 23 points.
- Democrats hope McConnell is the Republican nominee because he will be easier to defeat next November.
Senate Conservatives Fund (SCF) is an independent, grassroots organization that promotes conservative policies in Washington and helps elect true conservative leaders to the U.S. Senate. SCF has also endorsed Chris McDaniel (R-MS) for the U.S. Senate in Mississippi.
Senate Races Tags:
Mitch McConnell KY14 Matt Bevin