SCF Won't Support Lankford in Oklahoma
ALEXANDRIA, VA -- The Senate Conservatives Fund (SCF) said Monday that it won't support Congressman James Lankford (R-OK) in the June 24th special election to replace retiring U.S. Senator Tom Coburn (R-OK).
"We won't support Congressman Lankford's bid for the Senate because of his past votes to increase the debt limit, raise taxes, and fund Obamacare," said SCF Executive Director Matt Hoskins. "We have reviewed his record and it's clear that conservatives cannot count on him to fight for their principles."
Congressman Lankford's record includes:
Senate Conservatives Fund (SCF) is an independent, grassroots organization that seeks to elect true conservative leaders to the U.S. Senate.
- Voted to raise the debt limit three times. (2013 RCV #30, 2011 RCV #677, 2011 RCV #690)
- Voted to fund Obamacare four times. (2013 RCV #640, 2011 RCV #941, 2011 RCV #719, 2011 RCV #179)
- Voted for the Ryan-Murray budget agreement that increased spending, raised taxes, and cut benefits to military retirees. (2013 RCV #640)
- Voiced support for amnesty for illegal immigrants as well as a path to citizenship. (AP, 7/10/13)
- Voted to allow the National Security Agency (NSA) to continue its bulk collection of phone record data. (2013 RCV #412)
- Voted against strengthening the work requirements in the food stamp program for individuals receiving benefits. (2013 RCV #283)
- Voted to allow farmers making over $250,000 a year to continue to receive crop insurance subsidies. (2013 RCV #276, 2011 RCV #455)
- Voted to protect programs like the Legal Services Corporation (2012 RCV#219) and the Economic Development Agency. (2012 RCV #207)
Senate Races Tags:
Tom Coburn OK14b James Lankford