Marco Rubio for U.S. Senate
I am proud to announce the third Senate Conservatives Fund endorsement for the 2010 cycle. It goes to Marco Rubio, who is running for the U.S. Senate in Florida.
At a time when Republicans across the country are looking for new leaders to champion the cause of freedom, Marco Rubio's articulate and passionate support for conservative principles is inspiring. He is quickly gaining support in Florida, and he's energizing Republicans across the country.
Unfortunately, Marco is being overlooked by some in the Republican Party at a time when his leadership is needed most. That's why I endorsed him this morning in a column that appeared on FoxNews.com, and it's why the Senate Conservatives Fund is going to do everything it can to help him get elected.Click here to read Senator DeMint's Fox News endorsement of Marco Rubio.
Marco Rubio is a bright, young conservative who is ready to go to Washington to defend the Constitution and fight to preserve our freedoms. The son of Cuban refugees, he is a first-generation American who understands how precious freedom is.
Marco has lived the American Dream. He worked his way through college, graduated from law school, and was elected to the Florida House. He later became Speaker of the House at the age of 35, and has an impressive record of fighting for common sense reforms. Here are a few highlights of Marco's conservative record:
- Rubio has consistently opposed state tax hikes and has signed a pledge to oppose federal income tax hikes.
- Rubio opposed President Obama's stimulus bill and has pledged to fight wasteful Washington spending.
- Rubio opposes government bailouts and supports tax cuts for individuals and businesses to grow the economy.
- Rubio opposes President Obama's "cap and trade" scheme that includes a $650 billion tax increase and threatens to force Americans to pay higher energy prices.
- Rubio opposes amnesty and believes we must secure our borders to stop illegal immigration.
- Rubio is 100% pro-life, supports a waiting period to protect innocent unborn children, and has not waffled when it comes to protecting human life.
- Rubio supported the amendment to the Florida Constitution protecting traditional marriage, and opposes civil unions.
Click here to learn more about Marco Rubio's conservative record.
- Rubio supports only strict constructionist judges who will interpret the law and won't legislate from the bench.
Perhaps more than any other race in the country, this election is about whether we conservatives are going to stand up and fight for a candidate who shares our values.
Marco Rubio is not the biggest name in this race, and he won't have the most money, but he can win if conservatives in Florida and across the country rally behind him.
Please make a contribution - no matter how small - to Marco Rubio's campaign today and then forward this email to your friends. Your contribution of $25, $50, $100, or even $500, combined with the support of thousands of other conservatives, will propel Marco to victory.Click here to make a contribution to the Marco Rubio's Senate campaign.
As someone who is in the Senate fighting each day to protect our freedoms, I can tell you that we desperately need leaders in the Senate who will stand up to the liberals in Washington. And we need those leaders now.
This next election is critical to saving freedom. Please do whatever you can to help us take back our country. Thank you for your steadfast support for liberty.
United States Senator
Chairman, Senate Conservatives Fund