Border CrisisThursday, June 13, 2019
Democrats in Congress have failed to address the humanitarian and security crisis at the border. Even the New York Times acknowledged the crisis, yet liberals in Washington refuse to do their job.
Yesterday, Congressman Chip Roy (R-TX), along with the House Freedom Caucus, stood up to the Democrat leadership and demanded they act to address our border catastrophe.
Roy forced multiple roll call votes on amendments to the pending spending bills to prolong the debate and to pressure Democrats to consider President Trump’s emergency request for border funding.
Congressman Roy’s actions were bold and necessary, but he and the House Freedom Caucus can’t do it alone!
Congressman Roy and House conservatives believe Congress should take the following actions:
- Approve President Trump’s $4.5 billion border request;
- End the “Catch & Release” policy;
- Ensure that parents and their children are kept together in custody while their cases are pending;
- Close the loopholes in our broken asylum refugee system; and
- Ensure unaccompanied alien minors are quickly and safely returned home to their guardians.
Our online advocacy platform will help you send instant messages to your representatives in the House and Senate.
This is the time to act and the steps are clear. Congress must fund the president’s border security plan. The Democrat party needs to wake up and realize the gravity of this crisis.
Thank you for being part of our team and for being willing to make your voice heard on the critical issues facing our country.